These are the writing groups for your research projects. You’ll read and offer feedback on each other’s project throughout the process–starting with the proposal.
Ali, Kelsey, Laura, Sunjida
Kevin, Nathan, Angela
Malorie, Kim, Mike, Sarah
David, Clémence, Alix, Katryna
Feedback on Proposals
Write each member of your writing group a letter in response to his or her proposal draft. Be sure to address the following questions in your letter:
1. Has the writer included four paragraphs, addressing the four prompts included in the assignment?
2. Which of the four paragraphs is strongest? Which is weakest?
3. Is the writer’s sentence-level prose clear and readable? Is it free of typos and errors with regard to punctuation and grammar?
4. Does the project seem manageable? Can the writer accomplish the aims s/he articulates?
5. Can you suggest any sources, ideas, or questions that might be helpful to the writer?
6. Imagine you are me: What revision does the proposal need before I’ll be ready to pass it and give the writer the okay to move forward with the project. (Note: Be tough here. You’ll all get more out of this process if you are rigorous with each other. Remember, these are drafts, so there’s no expectation that they’ll be perfect or ready to go at this stage.)